October 30, 2005

Lucky clover wrap...

After a long period of absence (I haven't done any exciting knitting lately, due to a very busy schoolperiod), I decided to start on the lucky clover wrap from Stitch 'n bitch nation. Seeing that it is knit on some quite tiny needles (size 3, European) and the fact that it's lacy, this will be quite a challenge. I started on the first sleeve yesterday (I hope by starting on a sleeve I will get some instant gratification) and just got to the 5th row of the lacepattern. Things look a bit wonky at the moment, but I think the blocking will sort it out. I'm using some rowan spun 4ply in the color jade for this one.....
Update: After reading some of the posts on the knit-a-long page, I found out I was doing the yarnovers all wrong!! No wonder it looked all wonky. I just frogged it and will start over again...

I will also start on
lelah again. I have tried this pattern before, but messed up horribly, so I ripped it all out. As it is being knit on circular needles, It's easier to take along on trips. I'm going to Keulen (have no idea what it's called in english, it's a city in Germany) next tuesday and have a long trainjourney ahead of me, so I will take it along then. This one will be knit with Phildar Superbaby in the color chocolat....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cape Cod Views
The unsolicited opinions and personal travails of a Cape Cod cyclist. Drew's archives may be found here.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to construction penndot photo road on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like construction penndot photo road!

5:01 pm  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

I think the city is Cologne in English (Koeln - 'K'-'O-umlaut'-'L'-'N' in German) - have fun!

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home